What you will be learning as an intermediate surfer:
- Go through a diagnostic and appraisal session;
- How to select surf gear that is adequate for your level;
- Improving your paddling, sitting, and wave-catching techniques;
- How to improve your positioning on line-up
- Timing, reading the waves, and priority rules;
- The hydrodynamics of a surf board;
- Positioning your body for a bottom turn;
- How to surf various types of wave;
- How to gain speed and trimming;
- Manoeuvres: Off-the-lip, cutback, and floater.
The week long course includes a visit to a renowned surfboard factory where you can order yourself a customised board.
Additionally, there is one surf trip a week, and your progress is monitored on video.